I was asked to do a “What’s in my Louis Bag Post”, but instead here I am being a total “mom” writing about what’s in my diaper bag. In the beginning I used to take everything and then some when I left the house with Mason. I filled my bag to the brim and thought I needed everything! But 7 months later, and I feel like I have finally narrowed down to the essentials.
So today, I am sharing with y’all about the diaper bag I use and the essentials in them. We have two, because I wanted mine to be “fashionable'” as possible without giving up function, and my husband wanted a more “manly” diaper bag. Both of our diapers bags are the backpack style. I did go back and forth about going with a backpack or an over the shoulder bag, and we both just loved the backpack look.
As far as my diaper bag goes, I am rocking the Carryall Large Backpack by Mini Kay Bags. This bag is for every momma that wants a fashionable diaper bag without losing function. This bag is spacious, with a few pockets inside, and pockets on each side outside of the bag that I use for bottles. It’s super lightweight and comes in this beautiful camel color! And the best part besides being it so stylish? This bag is waterproof and stain proof! Honestly the most perfect diaper bag ever!
- Diapers– it wouldn’t be a diaper bag without diapers and my bag is always stocked up with our favorite Huggies diapers.
- Wipes– we go through so many packs of these. Babies are messy, or maybe it’s just my bubba. Between, eating, drooling, and dirty diapers, I always make sure there is a fresh pack of Pampers wipes or at least enough in the pack for while we are out that day. I also pack Boogie Wipes because I just find them better for his little nose, especially when he is stuffed up.
- Clothes– I always have two change of clothes packed for Mason. Usually a sleeper and another outfit. We are still in the season where it can be 50 degrees in the morning and 80 in the afternoon so I’ll usually pack outfits by what the weather is like that day. Don’t forget to pack a few pairs of socks!
- Bibs– I packed like 5-10 bibs. Mason is at that stage where he is drooling constantly from teething. He is also eating solids now and baby puffs, so it can get very messy. Even the bib sometimes isn’t enough.
- Snacks/Food– Mason loves his Mum Mums and baby puffs. I also pack a fresh banana for him and Gerber Baby Food.
- Formula/Bottles– I always pack 2 bottles filled with water. I used to pack on the go formula packets, but now that he is eating 5-6 ounces, I just use a formula dispenser (enough for 3 bottles) to pack formula.
- Toys/Teething toys– I always pack his favorite rattles and a couple teething toys to keep him busy. He always has Ellie (stuffed animal-elephant) on him.
- Pacifiers– Mason always has a pacifier attached to his car seat, but I feel like we are always losing or misplacing his pacifiers, so I am always checking to make sure we have a couple extras in my diaper bag. I can’t imagine not having this when he needs one!!!!
- Changing pad– this is a must if your diaper bag already doesn’t have one included. You never know when your little one decides to “use the bathroom”, so having a changing pad on hand means you can lay them down pretty much anywhere to change them.
- Extras- These are the small things I leave in one of the pockets in my bag in case I need it.
Whether you’re a parent, soon-to-be parent, or just someone who’s curious about what I lug around in my diaper bag everyday, I hope this post gives you some helpful insight!